Training: Trauma Recovery Yoga
Time & Location
About the Event
This 20-hour weekend intensive is CEU approved Yoga Alliance CEUs for Yoga teachers but, it is Valuable for anyone who; has experienced trauma, cares for someone who has experienced trauma, counselors of trauma, or yoga teachers who want to expand their skills into trauma-sensitive yoga. This training will prepare you to work with populations in crisis who have experienced trauma. We will identify the obstacles and rewards of teaching yoga, meditation, and breathing techniques to these vulnerable populations. You will acquire new tools that will help you to help yourself and others heal through trauma of the past.
You will learn:
– psychology of trauma and somatic solutions
– T.R.Y. posture sequences
– Meditation for trauma
– Mantra and affirmation uses for trauma
– yoga postures for limited mobility
– dos and don’ts of trauma sensitive verbiage
– appropriate touch in class
– respect increases boundaries of trauma
– how to work with diverse groups/social justice
– breath for trauma recovery and resilience
– coping with compassion fatigue
– what to do next
– plus bonus materials and surprises!
-- Mindful movements for at risk youth
and much more!
Although T.R.Y. is actively recruiting teachers for multiple positions,whether you decide to continue your work with TRY or branch out on your own, this training will be beneficial to your growth as a person, a counselor or a teacher. This course is certified as continuing education with Yoga Alliance and counts for 20 hours. You do not need to be a certified yoga teacher to attend the course for personal development.
You must attend all classes in order to become certified with TRY.
TRY is offering this training at the low price of $386.00!
email for questions firstname.lastname@example.org